Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall Retreat Statement

Fall Retreat Statement




For those of you that I have not met, my name is Dan Gunderson and was selected as the 2012-13 Student Intern.  I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the 2012 Annual conference as my first SDSRT event.  I gained an immense amount of knowledge regarding how the society is run.  I attended the scientific paper presentations, the educators meeting, as well as the various board meetings throughout the weekend.  The speakers introduced me to various topics within healthcare that I would normally not be familiar with.

After the convention I contemplated what I could do to benefit the SDSRT and future student interns.  When I applied for the position I did not know what the position would entirely entail.  In order to educate future applicants, I have created a blog, in which I am posting periodically, to explain the things I have experienced as the current intern.  The blog website was placed on the student area of sdsrt.org.  It is available for anyone to view as well as comment on any of the posts.  Please feel free to contact me with any suggestions or advice you have.

I regret to inform my fellow members that I will not be able to attend the Fall retreat due to a family issue.  I will follow up with the members in order to receive the information that is covered at the meeting and am eager to learn and contribute in any way I possibly can.  I plan on attending the future meetings in 2013 and continuing to post in the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment