Saturday, June 15, 2013

2013 ASRT House of Delegates meeting

Hello all!

I would just like to give an update on my experience thus far at the ASRT HOD meeting.  Kevin Lawrence, Hannah Cotton( the incoming student intern), Erin Ernst, and myself traveled to Albuquerque, NM on June 12th to attend the HOD as well as the annual educational symposium.  On Thursday June 13th I attended multiple informational sessions on relevant topics to the radiology field, including current issues with medical ethics and Trauma Computed Tomography cases.  Following these meetings the opening pin exchange ceremony was held.  This was an absolutely wonderful experience and allowed us to network with fellow students and technologists from throughout the nation.  The first House of Delegates meeting was held on June 14th.  This meeting allowed myself as well as Hannah and Erin to experience the governance side of our national society.  So much more goes into this aspect of our profession than anyone realizes unless they experience this meeting. Our Scope of Practice and professional Practice standards are set by the individuals involved in this society.  These statements and documents define our career as technologists and help to solidify us as reputable healthcare professionals.  There is still a full day and a half left of this annual meeting and I continue to learn more every minute! I will keep my fellow South Dakota technologists updated on my experiences as they happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment